Filing a 90-day fiancée visa can be quite a feat. Not just for the person who is trying to get a new spouse into their country and make that marriage official, but for anyone who is taking on such a big responsibility.
Not only are you going to have to prove that you’re in love with this person, but you will also need to show that they are not already married and that neither of your families would be negatively impacted by your marriage.
If you’re planning on filing a 90-day fiancée visa, there’s one thing that you might not know yet — it could save or cost you dearly if left unchecked. Here’s everything you need to know about how to file a 90-day fiancée visa, especially if the person who has agreed to marry you is from outside the U.S.

What is a 90-day fiancée visa?

A 90-day fiancée visa is a type of non-immigrant visa that allows the person being sponsored to enter and stay in the United States for up to 90 days. The person who is trying to get inside the country must be engaged to their prospective spouse in order for the U.S. government to approve the sponsorship request.
The purpose of this type of visa is for marriage, not work or study, so it’s important that you are prepared for what you will be doing for your new spouse during your stay in America.

How to file a 90-day fiancée visa

If you’re ready to file a 90-day fiancée visa, the first thing you need to know is that there are two different types of visas. The first is for the person who wants to marry and the second is for the person who is being married.
The process for filing a 90-day fiancée visa begins with filling out an online petition. You will also have to provide your personal information as well as your fiancé’s personal information, which includes things like their permanent residency number and passport number.
You will then be required to obtain a fiancé visa interview appointment at an embassy or consulate location designated by the U.S. Department of State, which will take anywhere from one week to three months depending on availability. Once you have your interview, they will ask questions about your relationship including how long you have been dating and what country they would like to live in once they are married. You should bring any documentation that supports your answers with you, including photos of yourselves together, letters from friends and family supporting your union, and copies of tax returns or other documents that prove you can support each other financially once married.
Once all that has been taken care of, it’s time for the final step in filing a 90-day fiancée visa — submitting it to U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS). This can be done by either mailing it in or uploading it through their secure website portal. You

How long does it take to get a fiance visa?

It can take up to two years for a person who wants to marry someone from outside the U.S. to get a visa that would allow them to live in the country.
The process starts with the person who is applying for the fiancée visa applying for an immigrant visa, which then leads into a fiancée petition, which is an application filed by the person’s fiancé that asks USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) for permission to bring their future spouse into the country on a temporary basis in order to get married and then apply for permanent residency. Once that application has been approved, people are allowed to enter the U.S. on a 90-day fiancee visa without needing any other immigration documents or visas at all!

Who can apply for a 90-day fiancée visa?

A 90-day fiancée visa will only be granted to someone who is in the U.S. on a visitor visa and also has a sponsor, usually their spouse or international partner.
If you are still in the process of getting married to your future spouse, they can file for their own 90-day fiancée visa, but it’s recommended that they wait until after the wedding has been performed.
Before the wedding takes place, there are other considerations that must be taken into account by both parties. There are also some important health issues that must be addressed before this type of visa is granted.

Who cannot apply for a 90-day fiancée visa?

The only people who cannot apply for a 90-day fiancée visa are those who are already married to someone else and those who were born in the U.S.
If you meet one of these criteria, then you will have to file an immigrant petition before your marriage can be valid.
There are variations of this procedure too, but they’re not often seen unless you’re marrying someone with a green card that has been issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
If you’re applying for a fiancée visa from outside the United States, it is important that you adhere to all the requirements set forth in the instructions provided on your application form.

6 Things You Should Know Before Filing A 90-Day Fiancé Visa

The first thing you should know is that there are two types of fiancée visas — a fiancée visa and an immigrant fiancée visa. The difference between the two is how long it will take until your fiancé can apply for the green card. A 90-day fiancée visa allows for the applicant to have a green card within 90 days of arriving in the country, while an immigrant visa will allow them to have a green card after waiting three years.
Another thing you should remember is that there are specific documents you will need when filing your fiance’s application for a 90-day fiancee visa. These include proof of income, employment, and health insurance; as well as proof of your relationship status.
Some other things to keep in mind when filing for this type of visa include:

-Planning to travel before receiving approval?
-In case your application is denied, do not expect to be able to leave the country right away. You will need to wait out the required time period before being allowed back into the States.
-If you are planning on traveling with your new spouse in tow, make sure they show proof that they can support themselves financially while they wait for their green card application process


Filing a 90-day fiancée visa can be difficult and simple at the same time. It’s easy and good to know what you’re doing before you start the process but it’s not easy to know what not to do. Here are six things you should know before you file a 90-day fiancée visa.
1. You need to be married before you file your visa
2. You need to have proof of the marriage
3. You need to show that your marriage is legitimate
4. You need to file your visa within 90 days of your wedding date
5. You should have your marriage certificate translated into English
6. You should be aware of the fees associated with filing a 90-day fiancée visa

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *